When I'm at my best, I'm my father's daughter. He taught me how to measure the world, feel taller than the trees, and swim in waters that were above my shoulders.
His grave is silent. There's no gentle voice that I hear from him, and life demands that I keep going. But it's the lessons that he taught me that I carry forward. It is my childish wish to be small and protected again, but that will never happen. I must keep going, carrying him in my heart.
Happy Father's Day Daddy.
Kookaburras are usually very loud birds with their distinct laugh. But this one was perched in the tree behind me. It didn't startle me with it's laugh. It let out a soft sound that made me turn around. I took a photo and looked up again, and it was gone.
There's always signs, dragonflies, birds, butterflies. Subtle signs. I saw you. I felt you.

Comments
Post a Comment